1. African Palm Oil Initiative (APOI)
- Engage with government, local civil society and private sector representatives to reduce deforestation from palm oil.
- Organise national workshops to develop national principles and a national action plan.
- Implement national action plan.
- Countries involved are Cameroon, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Gabon, Cote D’Ivoire, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Central Africa Republic.
2. Cocoa and Forest Initiative
- Promoting sustainable sourcing of cocoa beans in Côte D’Ivoire and Ghana.
- A collaboration with the World Cocoa Foundation, The Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH) and The Prince of Wales Sustainability Unit.
3. Jurisdictional Approach
- Advancing the jurisdictional approach by fostering collective action through implementation dialogues.
- Countries involved are Ghana, Cameroon and Côte D’Ivoire.
TFA in West & Central Africa supports partners in the region to deliver on their deforestation-free commitments in. It does so by mobilizing, convening and engaging national and regional stakeholders (governments, private companies from oil palm, cocoa, rubber and timber supply chains, civil society, local communities and indigenous people). TFA also facilitates collaboration that enables partners to accelerate progress towards the implementation initiatives. It is hosted at the Palladium office in Accra, Ghana and is strategically supported by an Africa Regional Committee made up of eight members from companies, NGOs and governments.
TFA Africa continues to work on the implementation of its flagship initiative, the Africa Palm Oil Initiative (APOI), while also supporting the Cocoa and Forests Initiative (CFI). Through engagement with several partners in different sectors like the World Cocoa Foundation and IDH, TFA reinforces the interconnectivity and create synergies between the palm oil and cocoa sectors.
Since 2018 TFA Africa is working towards advancing the jurisdictional approach by fostering collective action in Ghana, Cameroon and Cote D’Ivoire as well as engaging private sector companies in support of the implementation national REDD+ landscape programmes.
Other InitiativesFind out more about our other Initiatives
The Tropical Forest Alliance is a global public-private partnership in which partners take voluntary
actions, individually and in combination, to reduce tropical deforestation. Follow us below.