On July 3, 2019, during the Annual Meeting of New Champions, the World Economic Forum announced that it will launch a branch of the Tropical Forest Alliance in China.
With the potential of China reducing its environmental footprint of commodity sourcing by 55% versus a BAU scenario in 2025, TFA China will support Chinese companies and the government to strengthen President Xi Jinping’s vision of ecological civilization within global soft-commodity supply chains.
TFA China is looking forward to participating in the upcoming key events:
- Green Value Chain Business Champions Roundtable, Beijing, March 2020
- CCICED Annual General Meeting, Beijing, May 2020
- Annual Meeting for the New Champions, Tianjin, 202
- UN CBD COP15 Side Event, Kunming, Nov 2020
1. Business Coalition on Ecological Civilization
- TFA China, in partnership with various NGOs, is building a business coalition among the business champions to shape the agenda of global biodiversity conservation.
- Sectors include food and beverage, retail, agriculture and extractive industries.
2. Sustainable Soy Trade Platform
- In partnership with Solidaridad, TFA China is working alongside major soft-commodity traders, both Chinese companies and international companies operating in China to provide advisory review on the pilot implementation of the ‘Soy Guideline Agriculture and Food Institution’ and conduct a public consultation for businesses’ views.
3. Green Value Chains Special Policy Study
- Initiated by the China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development, the aim is to provide policy recommendations to the State Council that focus on reducing deforestation from global commodity supply chains.
- TFA China is contributing with high-level advisory input as well as private-public partnership opinions through multi-stakeholder roundtable consultations.
Head, China Nature Initiatives
China Specialist, Tropical Forest Alliance
Other InitiativesFind out more about our other Initiatives
The Tropical Forest Alliance is a global public-private partnership in which partners take voluntary
actions, individually and in combination, to reduce tropical deforestation. Follow us below.