Dear TFA Community,
On behalf of the Tropical Forest Alliance (TFA), I am delighted to invite you to the TFA Collective Action Agenda Launch webinar on 2 April, 4pm-5.30pm CET.
The Collective Action Agenda, developed by and for the TFA community, charts a framework for action and accountability by the private sector and other TFA Partners to remove deforestation from commodity supply chains.
The webinar provides an opportunity to learn how leading public, private, and civil society actors are moving from individual to collective action. On the agenda:
- Introduce the goals of the Collective Action Agenda
- Highlight the work underway by TFA partners to advance collective action, including the CGF Forest Positive Coalition of Action
- Learn how you can get engaged and contribute
To join the webinar, please register here.
Executive Director, Tropical Forest Alliance
Why the Collective Action Agenda? Why Now?
- While some leading companies have taken action to combat commodity-linked deforestation, it has been insufficient to make the progress needed to remove deforestation from commodity production.
- In the 2020s, collective efforts are needed to support actions from companies and other sectors to increase the pace and scale of change. We must identify greater leverage points to increase on-the-ground action and strike a balance between acknowledging progress and holding companies and all sectors accountable.
- The Collective Action Agenda charts a framework in support of actions by leading companies and the broader community to drive deeper and faster system change.