In 2022, TFA will convene a series of quarterly virtual webinars to build awareness of emerging developments relevant to advancing deforestation-free supply chains. These quarterly touchpoints intend to showcase collective action being taken by TFA partners and to strengthen the broader TFA community.
The last year has seen significant progress in the development of demand-side policy measures to address commodity-driven deforestation, including due diligence legislation in the EU and the UK and the FOREST Act in the United States. This session will bring the TFA community up-to-speed on the latest developments, share perspectives of key stakeholders and highlight opportunities to get more engaged.
The confirmed line-up of speakers include:
• Helge Elisabeth Zeitler, Deputy Head of Unit DG Environment, European Commission
• Franziska Rau, Advisor Deforestation-Free Supply Chains, GIZ
• Emily Fripp, Managing Director, EFECA
• Luke Pritchard, Nature Based Solutions Manager, We Mean Business Coalition
• Dr Chunquan Zhu, Head - China Nature Initiatives, Tropical Forest Alliance
• Dr Liz Wilks, EU Director Sustainability and Stakeholder, APP
• Ylenia Maitino, Group Public Policy Manager for Sustainability, Ferrero
• Joel Brounen, Country Director of Solidaridad in Colombia
Register for the event here:https://weforum.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7367MC4hTgGi-SkHZlFSDQ