Private Sector Engagement in Landscape and Jurisdictional Initiatives: Why and where should companies engage?
17 November 2020, 2pm-3pm CET
Engaging in jurisdictional and landscape-scale initiatives is an increasingly important component of corporate strategies to tackle commodity-driven deforestation in supply chains. This webinar, part of a series co-hosted by the Tropical Forest Alliance, UNDP, Proforest, WWF and ISEAL Alliance, was designed specifically to help companies understand how to begin this journey, by looking at two of the most fundamental questions: why should companies engage, and where?
Drawing on recently published guidance to companies including UNDP’s Value Beyond Value Chains and Proforest’s Engaging with Landscape Initiatives, the webinar was an opportunity to get a strong understanding of these important elements, and to hear directly from companies on their own experiences.
- Charles O’Malley, Senior Partnerships Advisor at UNDP
- Sophie Higman, Director of Programmes at Proforest
- Agus Purnomo, Managing Director for Sustainability and Strategic Stakeholder Engagement at Golden-Agri Resources
- Catalina Roman, Sustainability Manager for Latin America at Cargill
- Ernest Dwamena, Ghana Country Manager for Sustainable Sourcing at Touton
- Slide deck of the webinar
- Value Beyond Value Chains, UNDP, Dec. 2019
- Engaging with Landscape Initiatives: A Practical Guide for Supply Chain Companies, Proforest, Oct. 2020