Private Sector Engagement in Landscape and Jurisdictional Initiatives: How companies can engage, and what claims can be made about their engagement?
Monday, 7 December 2020, 8am-9am EST / 2pm-3pm CET / 8pm-9pm WIB
This Jurisdictional Exchange Network webinar did a deep-dive on practical ways that companies could engage in landscape and jurisdictional initiatives. Participants heard directly from PepsiCo and Musim Mas, two companies that have taken concrete action in key commodity-producing landscapes.
Participants also became familiar with the structure of the recently published Landscape Scale Action for Forests, People and Sustainable Production: A Practical Guide for Companies, the interventions within the guidance, and how to use it.
To complement learnings on the practical ways to engage, the ISEAL Alliance will introduce their Good Practice Guide on the Verification of Jurisdictional Claims. This was followed by an information discussion of what kinds of claims companies could make, and the type and quality of data they were looking for about jurisdictional performance.
- Akiva Fishman, Manager of Private Sector Actions to Tackle Deforestation at WWF
- Patrick Mallet, Director of Innovations at ISEAL Alliance
- Natasha Schwarzbach, PepsiCo Global Sustainability
- Olivier Tichit, Director of Sustainable Supply Chain at Musim Mas
- Landscape Scale Action for Forests, People, and Sustainable Production: A Practical Guide for Companies, Tropical Forest Alliance, WWF, and Proforest, Sept. 2020
- Making Credible Jurisdictional Claims: ISEAL Good Practice Guide, ISEAL Alliance, Oct. 2020